Monday, December 15, 2008

Why We Are Attending Both Church Services on Sunday

I think I look pretty good all blurry and with my face turned away from the camera.

The other night Nathan and I cuddled on the couch and looked at Christmas books. Some of them had carols in them and since Matt was still not home (be nice to your UPS man these days) I felt comfortable belting out a few.

After "Away in a Manger" and "O Come All Ye Faithful," I launched into Jingle Bells.

Grace was so cute. She grabbed her unicorn and started spinning around and dancing with it. I told Jake to grab may camera for me.

After the third round of Jingle Bells, Grace said, "Do another one, Mom! Sing one that I like."

"One that you like?" I replied.


"Yeah ... Not one of those Jesus ones!"

O Holy Night indeed.

5 comments:

Christie's Mom said...

LOL - Okay, face it. You can not spin around, skip or rock to the beat of a traditional Silent Night or Away in a Manger.

There are some alternative versions though that are more upbeat - I guess you will just have to hunt for them.

You have to be careful though - Dad and I listened to James Taylor's version of Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas the other day and we both felt like commiting suicide. We almost drove the car off the road.

Jen said...

That's too funny.

We have a joke that when one of us is being nasty, we tell them they have to get their bum to the next scheduled mass.

Sprinkle some holy water on her, she'll be fine.

Lyonslove said...

I hope you guys had a Merry Christmas! I hope Matt is working a little less after Christmas! I miss you friend.

Jen said...

What's new?

Christie's Mom said...

I can not stand it. Update!