Sunday, December 14, 2008

Welcome Nibbles Hobson

My parents watched Jake and Grace overnight yesterday, and thought that if they came back with a small rodent, we might never ask them to do that again.

Nice try, mom, nice try.

We are all actually quite fond of little Nibbles; the fridge is covered in portrait of Nibbles, Jake is writing a report for school on how Nibbles became a Hobson, and Matt even held him yesterday evening and made a clicking sound at him that meant, "Although I abhor rodents, you are cute, and I shall accept you as my rodent child." Or something like that.


Jake is most fond of Nibbles and restrained himself to only ask 437 times yesterday, while we were at the mall, if we thought Nibbles was okay with us gone.

He was.

5 comments:

Christie's Mom said...

He is SO CUTE and friendly! Be nice to my new grandchild!

Darn...so that didn't work. Should have gone with the first idea and purchased the snake. Maybe next time...

jamirodana said...

That is cute. By the way, I think I totally copied you in that I put "people admit to reading this post" by my comments. I knew I saw something like it somewhere.
sorry. I'm not trying to copy. haha.

Jen said...

UM....What is that EXACTLY???

So hmmm....cute....He sleeps in a cage right?

Merry Christmas Nibbles and God bless us everyone and rodent!

Melissa Womack said...

You guys should really consider getting a dog. You don't want your kids to be at school telling there friends that you have rats in your house.

J/K. It is kinda cute...but what the heck is it? And no, I am not going to go buy one...I went through this phase already with the bunnies. What were there names again? Oh yeah - Evil and More evil. Seriously those things stank.

Robyn said...

Wow! I can't wait to meet the little guy...from a distance-hee hee! Great name choice too.