Tuesday, December 02, 2008

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

('Scuse me, just blowing the dust of this little blog here.)

(Also, how is the sound for blowing spelled? Trust me, I actually blew on my keyboard four times before deciding, "Huh. Good enough.")

Where were we?

Oh, yes, much has happened since our first cub scout meeting.

1. Nanny nanny boo boo, Matt and I got to go to this ... !

My parents so kindly watched the kids so we could have a weekend away in L.A. and cross off Matt's "Number One Band I Want to See Live," Ben Folds. It was a blast.

Here we are in the hotel room, which I was relieved to fine bullet hole-less after reading the reviews on line.

Yes, you see, Maybelline called me before the concert and offered me a large sum of money if I promoted their liquid eyeliner. Boy, did I promote.

It is hard to get a good picture at a concert. Unless, apparently, you have an iPhone, which 96% of the concert-goers did. They kept holding them up and getting killer shots while I fumbled with our point and shoot.

After the show, Matt wanted to take me somewhere special; it has been a while since we had gone on a date, and it was important to make it romantic and memorable.
Nothing says, "I am so lucky to spend the rest of my life with you," like a Moons Over My Hammy.

2. My second favorite holiday. Black Friday. Maybe this is not a holiday, per say, but in our family it is. My mom, dad and I have headed out early for the past three years, and it is always memorable. But also not memorable, because by then end of the day we are lucky to remember our names and how to get home.

The alarm went off at 3:30, but I was already awake, filled with excitement about getting my hands on a giant pack of play dough for $6.00.

In the car by 4:00.

No kidding.

That is the funniest part of every Black Friday. There is never any huge item (t.v.s, cameras, computers, etc.) that I am after. It is always the lamest offer at the store, and while people are punching each other over the 90 inch flat screens, I am of in the corner where crickets are chirping, throwing the giant blow up horse video game into my cart with satisfaction. Whoo! Good thing I got here at 4:15!

Christie's Mom, ads in hand. 4:15 am.

My favorite part of this year's BF was waiting in line at Wal Mart. While we we mapping out the fastest route to the $8.00 hoodies (again, laptops for some; hoodies for others), a wild woman came over and started harassing us to see our ad. Then she started talking about the cameras and how they were passing out vouchers.

Only she didn't say vouchers.

See, she was a middle eastern descent (or something) and it was with curious glances that we listened as she told us that they were only passing out a few VULTURES for each item.

My dad, usually such a gentlemanly fellow, could not resist continuing the conversation by asking, "Well, how many vultures are they passing out?" "What time to they start passing out the vultures?" "Huh, well I hope we get a vulture." The lady was oblivious, just going on and on about the vultures, as my mom had to turn and walk away before exploding in giggles. I was holding the ad the whole time, but finally tears started streaming down my face and my shoulders were shaking so hard from holding in the laughter, that I had to thrust it at my dad before joining my mom.

Friends, that is the true holiday spirit. Making fun of people while standing in line at Wal Mart at 4:30 in the morning.

My mom started losing it and went feral over holly garland at Michael's, dumping the display all over the floor.

My dad in the promised land. The Sears Tool Department.

3. My big score on BF was a new Christmas tree. We are so glad to have one that is pre lit, but that is not even the best part. Oh no. See, our new tree SPINS. That's right, it is perched upon a rotating stand and we all love watching it pirouette around the living room.

It's like living in the Christmas display at Michael's.

Matt helped Jake put the star on the tree. (Also, please acknowledge my rad photo wall to the right. Get yourself some cheap clip frames from Ikea, and there you go.)

The star was kind of heavy.

Since this post is already 20 pages long, here are some of our favorite ornaments:

Our first Christmas together. When we were foxy (hahaha! ... ha ... ha ...).

Matt's UPS man ornament that I had custom made for him.

And my friend, Robyn, had this one made for me when I was pregnant and teaching. I still look like this, sadly. And I am not pregnant.



4. Hmmm. What else? Oh. Yeah. I aged. I am now 17.

5. I have also been busy busy shooting people.

LOLPMP! (... sigh, I just crack myself up!) (And I have had a lot of coffee.)

Anyway, you can see some here, but mostly it is just my kids. Which is worth it, since they are obviously the cutest kids in the world. I feel like I am learning a lot, but the more I learn, the more there is to learn.

Which I guess is okay, because time is on your side when you are only 17.

The end.

5 comments:

Jen said...

AND if you get bit by EDWARD you can stay 17 Forever MWWWWWAHAHHAHA.

Just kidding!

Freakin' peeing my pants about the Vultures. I can't believe she didn't catch on.

I believe it's "whooooooo".

Jen said...

Oh I forgot to tell you how HOT you look in that picture of you and MAtt. Matt, you look okay too. '
Go Maybeline!

GodseySix said...

1-YAY! You're back!
2-What are clip frames?
3-What is Ikea?

I'll have to google it I guess because I love the photo wall! Love it!

And I have been sitting here for about 5 minutes trying to figure out how to spell the foooooo sound too. My kids are crying--they think something terrible has happened to me...

Melissa Womack said...

Yay- your back to the blogging world! Love all of the new photos...you come up with the best shots. Keep posting on here, it's what gets me through my work day.

Cannon and Kassie said...

Christie, as always I am in tears over your blog...its just so sad that he took you to Denny's. But when you're married to a 17 yr old what do you expect? (i'm assuming matt is your age) PS you do look hot in the maybeline picture and I can't believe your friend Godseysix has never heard of Ikea...does she live under a rock? No offense Godseysix if you read this...but really.

And I'm glad your back so I can have my occasional cry...Denny's (sniff)