Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Wolf Cub




Oh my awesome cuteness. Today was Jake's first cub scout meeting; he is in a wolf den with a few other kids from his school. The excitement I saw in him today, getting ready for his first meeting, almost brought me to tears.

After school we went to purchase his uniform, and it was so much fun walking through the scout shop and seeing all of the activities, crafts, and "Man Stuff" on display. Jake kept asking me if he could "walk around," which I daringly allowed since the shop is maybe 200 sq. ft. He tried on his shirt in the dressing room, and I could already tell he was getting pumped up.

The meeting started at 6:00, but when we arrived home from the scout shop, at 4:00, Jake retreated to the bedroom and emerged a SCOUT. "Can you help me put this on?" he asked, thrusting his wolf kerchief at me.

A bit later I told Jake that I wanted to take some pictures of him in his uniform before it got too dark. We walked outside, and I told him to stand against the wall. As I lifted my camera, Jake, in all seriousness, suddenly did this...


Apparently this was the official photo shoot for the Boy Scouts of America. I dared not utter a giggle. Hard as it was.

I am so excited for Jake, I really hope that scouts is everything he hopes for. I am excited, myself, for all of the fun activities we can do together, watching Jake learn new things and teaching him to serve others.

And I am excited to see him looking so ridiculously cute in his uniform every week.

(Another pose idea from Jake. Being my assistant on photo shoots is really paying off. There better be a badge for that.)

4 comments:

Christie's Mom said...

I LOVE these pictures and can't wait to hear about all his scouting adventures!

Dad and I are so excited for him that we promise to buy the $30-$40 popcorn and the overpriced bags of nuts! (They will make great gifts for the little wolf's parents for Christmas and Birthdays!)

Meggan said...

I was really nervous about cub scouts when I found out I was having a boy. It just seems so un-fun. Then I had Dylan and found out that I get excited just because he is excited. I really love tractors and airplanes and freak out when the garbage truck comes down our street. I'm all of a sudden really into trains and cars too.

Ahh. The life of a mom.

Cute pics.

Robyn said...

Wow, I hope Trent likes scouts as much as Jake does. Dave was never that excited about scouting when he was young (his mom was the den leader for years!) but I told him he better act excited about it when Trent gets into scouting!! I hope I don't get called as a den mom....I don't even know how to tie a good knot.

Jake looks so handsome in his wolf outfit. Love the jungle/survival picture in the grass.

Jen said...

Stinkin' Cute!

Is he hunting in that last pic?

miss ya....no really!