Thursday, May 08, 2008

Sigh.

I am really enjoying this gloomy, cloudy weather. Why? Because I can continue to live in severe denial that hot summer weather is almost upon us; weather that calls for -gag, wretch, gag- a swimsuit. The other day I waved a cheery Hello! to a friend, and my arm fat swung back and gave me a fat lip.

Okay, so maybe not, but I had to duck and it was all very embarrassing.

Today, however, maybe in honor of upcoming Mother's Day, I am giving my body hatred a break. Because my body has done some cool tricks. Namely, this:


and this:

and ... interestingly ... this:

Today I salute you, fat blubbery tummy rolls womanly vessel. Many thanks for the kids.

Tomorrow, please be a size six.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Don't take this the wrong way but I want to help you get your hot bod back...when I can babysit so you can go to the gym?

Jen said...

Um....Alicia, I don't know you, but if you really want to babysit, I've got one you can watch too!

CHRISTIE!!! You just had a baby, Sheesh! I'm still dealing with it and Makena is almost 2!

I wish it were that easy to just wish ourselves into a new size!

Christie's Mom said...

I found after two kids the weight loss was tough - i imagine three is worse! I remember it took a year after Ryan to lose it.

I know you remember my Jane Fonda VHS tape, since you and your brother used to sit at the top of the stairs and laugh at my "Sunshine Arms" before I would snap at you. Remember the ankle and wrist weights too? Ugh - what we women have to go through!

I still say you should swim! There is a pool 100 yards from your place! You used to get up at 4:30am and swim 10,000 yards a day

Christie's Mom said...

My post was cut off! My inspiring words are not there!

YOU CAN DO IT!

Consider yourself inspired! Ha!