Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Halloween

I like looking at blogs after Halloween, don't you? I think it is fun to see how all the people I randomly stalk my friends dress up their kids. It's cute.

Halloween was especially fun this year because the kids did not have school, so we were able to enjoy the whole day together. We had a little lunch party with mummy dogs, and told spooky stories. The spooky stories were all good and fun, with Jake and Grace's ending with, "Then! The monster came out and said PIZZA! Bwhahahahaha!" and everyone laughed and laughed. It was all good and fun, that is, until I told one where the girl's head falls off at the end, and I could almost see the scars developing on their sweet little souls. Oops.

Duh. That is totally blood.

After lunch, it was time to start prepping for the costumes. Jake was dressing as Aang, from Avatar: The Last Airbender, so we needed to give his head a fresh shave. Halfway through, I laughed and said, "Ha! You look like those guys who are bald on top with hair just on the sides."

"Yeah!" he laughed. "Like Grandpa! Hahahahaha!"

Costumed up, we headed for my parents house for some Trick or Treating.

A good mom would have altered this costume before Halloween. A ghetto mom, like myself, just sticks 17 safety pins in her baby's clothes.

"Dude, Jake! Get over here! They're putting CANDY in this thing!"

Grace was Pikachu and, as expected...

she wore the mask for approximately 3.5 minutes. Then it was Grace dressed and a blob of mustard.

Jake made a great Avatar. When we were getting ready, he was kind of worried that people would not know who he was. I affirmed him that at least most kids would know. Well, apparently we are not the only adults watching Avatar after the kids are in bed, because a lot of them commented on how much they like the show.

Not only that, but he had a large group of people stop him and and compliment him on his costume, and one guy even asked to take a picture. Who knew? Airbender = celebrity.

Something is not right here...
After trick or treating we headed to back to my parents and played games. It was a great day, and everyone had a lot of fun.


Some ... too much fun.

3 comments:

Cortney said...

We totally has those mummy dogs. The kids loved them!! I made them with garlic breadsticks... yum-oh! LOoks like y'all had fun!

Melissa Womack said...

I am so excited that you posted the photos of the kids for Halloween. I have been patiently waiting for them to be posted on here.

To be honest I must be out of the kid loop, because I have no idea what an Avatar is. I am going to google it right now!

Jen said...

You are such an awesome mom! Mummy dogs?? That is so fun! For sure Pumpkin carving next year okay?